How Do Anti-Wrinkle Injections Work?
Unlike dermal fillers which work by filling lines to enhance facial features, anti-wrinkle injectables work by relaxing muscles in the face to smooth out lines and wrinkles, resulting in more youthful and rejuvenated skin. The most common areas to have these injections are around the eyes to tackle crow’s feet, on the forehead to reduce frown lines, and around the mouth to diminish marionette lines.
During your anti-wrinkle treatment at Genevieve Beauty & Wellness, a very fine needle will be used to inject the muscles of the desired area of the face. The treatment does not require recovery time so you can continue with your normal routine following your appointment. You may see slight redness, bruising, and swelling following treatment but this will settle down in a few days. You should start to see some changes after a couple of days, but it will take around 2-3 weeks to see the full effect, with results lasting between 3-5 months. As these injections are not permanent, the treatment will need to be repeated for the desired results to be maintained.
If administered correctly, anti-wrinkle injections don’t remove all facial expressions as sometimes depicted in the media. Our experienced provider has been highly trained to fine-tune the placement of the injections to give you a natural expression rather than a frozen look. The injections allow the precise and selective reduction in certain muscle movements, so the lines and wrinkles in these treated areas gradually soften resulting in younger, fresher-looking skin with fewer lines and wrinkles.
Where Can Anti-Aging Injections Be Use?
In the upper face, anti-wrinkle injections are used to treat:
- Crow’s feet lines appear at the side of the eyes and are the result of squinting and smiling.
- Forehead lines are usually only visible in younger people when frowning, but as we age, they become more visible.
- Frown lines are between the brows running vertically (the lines you get when you frown heavily). Patients often say that strong lines in this area make them look cross even when they are not. Injections for both male and female patients help to soften the look of the face.
- Bunny lines are the lines that look like creases across the bridge of the nose between the eyebrows. They are the lines that appear when you wrinkle your nose like a bunny. As the skin ages, these lines fail to spring back and can give a more aged appearance.
In the lower face, anti-wrinkle injections are used to treat:
- Gummy smile: When some people smile, they may find that too much of their gum is visible, this is more common on the top palate. The technical name for this is an excessive gingival display. Several methods are available to correct this. Today, the most common treatment used is to weaken and soften the muscles in the area to stop them from pulling the lip upwards.
- Chin: If the chin is set back (receded), the shape of the face often looks distorted. The treatment can help to relax the muscles that pull the chin back. This softens the profile and creates a softer, more naturally relaxed look. As a natural part of the aging process, the skin on the lower face begins to droop due to its loss of elasticity and gravity pulling it downwards.
- Jawline: Muscle relaxing injections to the jawline and into the Platysma below the jaw muscles helps to reduce the sagging and drooping of the jawline.
- Marionette lines are lines that protrude downwards from the lip. A combination of toxin and dermal fillers can treat this. The toxin will relax the muscles causing the downward pull to help the skin spring back up.
Botox® Cosmetic InjectionsBotox injections are the ultimate solution for anyone looking to smooth out any wrinkles, fine lines and ultimately, win over the anti-aging battle. Botox Injections are perfect for creating a youthful look without having to undergo any surgery. Botox (also known as Botulinum Toxin) is a chemical that is injected into strategic areas of the face and sometimes the body (depending on the purpose of the injection). Once injected, the Botox chemical temporarily paralyzes the muscles underneath that area and relaxes those muscles, creating a smooth and refreshed complexion.
Botox® is quick, safe, effectiveBotox injections are very popular because they are quick, safe, effective, non-surgical, have minimal downtime, and create a natural appearance in as little as a week. At Genevieve Medispa, our cosmetic injectors are professionally trained providers that have years of experience in the Medical Aesthetics industry. We customize your treatments based on personal concerns and achievement goals – making sure that we provide you with the best treatment outcome possible.
At our complimentary consultations, we first assess your area of concern, we make sure that the Botox Injection treatment is suitable and safe for you based on your medical history and goals. We then strategically point out the treatable areas and begin the injections. The whole treatment requires approximately 45 minutes – you can restore your youth non-invasively or transform your appearance in no time!
Botox® Injections is FDA and certified
Not only do Botox Injections restore your skin’s elasticity, but they can also be used to treat other medical concerns. At Genevieve Medispa, we also provide Botox Injections to treat excessive sweating and migraines. We always make sure you leave our clinics happy with our services! Botox Injections are FDA and Genevieve certified, and at Genevieve, we treat the following areas:
Botox® Injections for FACIAL AREAS:
- Lines and wrinkles on your forehead
- Brow lift
- Crow’s Feet
- Frown lines (Vertical wrinkles between your eyebrows)
- Bunny lines (wrinkles on the upper sides of your nose)
- Gummy smiles
- Smokers Lines (which are wrinkles that are formed on and around the lips)
- DAO (Depressor Anguil Oris- where this muscle is specifically targeted to strategically lift the corners of your mouth)
- Downturned lips
Dermal Filler Treatment
A natural consequence of age is the fact that our facial skin loses its elasticity, hydration, and volume, all of which we need to maintain a youthful and healthy appearance. At our laser clinic, we use dermal fillers to add volume and restore facial contours where the fat volume and skin elasticity have diminished during the aging process.
Dermal fillers are non-surgical and temporary injectables that can deliver a revitalized, refreshed, and younger facial presence. Dermal fillers may also enhance the contour of the lips, offering the much sought-after sensual plump appearance of the lips.
Fillers may be injected anywhere on the face, and (almost) anywhere on the body for volume restoration.
Dermal Fillers are the ideal treatment for instantly enhancing your looks in a natural way and are one of the most popular cosmetic treatments for both men and women.
They can be used to add volume and improve wrinkles, folds, thin lips, and scars. They are most used on the face, particularly the lips and cheeks, but are also commonly used on the hands and décolletage. Smokers’ lines, nasolabial lines, smile lines, and crow’s feet wrinkles can all be treated using dermal fillers. They work from inside by adding volume and gently smoothing out lines, folds, and wrinkles to restore the skin to its former youthful appearance.
Dermal fillers are also widely referred to as lip fillers, lip injections, cheek fillers, or face fillers due to the popularity of injection locations. The most common places to have dermal fillers include the lips, cheeks, and the nose to increase the appearance of volume, and around the jawline, chin, under the eyes, and under the nose to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
What Dermal Fillers Provide
Dermal fillers are designed to add fullness to your face providing a more youthful appearance encouraging a graceful aging process. Dermal filler facial correction includes:
- Plump lips
- Softer facial creases and wrinkles
- Enhanced contours
- Correction of contour deformities
- Decrease of the shadow on the lower lids
- Improvement in the appearance of recessed scars
Dermal fillers may be helpful to patients with early signs of aging or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation procedures like skin lasers and peels.